Before you install TopForm by Fastcase, make sure your system meets the following hardware and software requirements:
• Computer and processor: Intel® processor or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended)
• Memory: 2 GB RAM or higher
• Hard disk: 2 GB (standalone and network client); 3 GB (network admin). Note: additional disk space will be needed as updates are installed and cases are created
• Display: 1024×768 or higher resolution monitor
• Operating system:
– Windows XP x32 SP3
– Windows XP x64 SP2
– Windows Vista x32 and x64 SP2
– Windows 7 x32 and x64 SP1
– Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 x32 and x64 *
– Windows Server 2008 x32 and x64 SP2
– Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 SP1
– Windows Server 2012 **
– Windows Server 2012 R2 **
• PDF viewer: Adobe® Reader® version 9 or higher
• Internet connection: Required to receive program updates, request credit reports, and auto-file cases
* When launching TopForm by Fastcase for the first time on Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you may receive a security warning about TopForm by Fastcase being unrecognized. To continue and use the program, click More Info at this message, and then click Run anyway.
** TopForm by Fastcase setup must install HotDocs Player, which requires .Net Framework 3.5 SP1. If .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 is not installed, you must manually install .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 before HotDocs can be installed. After .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 has been installed launch the TopForm by Fastcase setup to install HotDocs Player and the TopForm application.
See the Microsoft technet article for additional information on how to install the .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 feature – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831809.aspx
For release notes on TopForm updates, click here.
• Standalone: Select this link if you are a solo user and want to install the standalone version on your computer. (Note: this is also the demo version of the software.)
• Network Admin: Select this option if you are a network administrator and want to configure TopForm by Fastcase so it can be deployed to multiple workstations across a network.
• Network Client: Select this option if the network admin version has already been installed and you want to install the client version on this workstation.