Frontend Developer with UI / UX Skillset: Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a passionate and creative front-end developer who has an interest in maximizing surfaces and smart design. We are looking for someone with a robust portfolio of projects and conscious of user engagement metrics to ensure meaningful engagement with the end-user. We are looking for a team-player who’s excited to bring new ideas forward to make Fastcase even smarter for its users.
Fastcase is the leading next-generation legal research service with market leading products (Fastcase7, Docket Alarm, Fastcase BK that puts a comprehensive national law library and powerful data and docket analytics, and visualization tools at attorneys’ fingertips. Our service helps attorneys track litigation, find information relevant to the lawsuits they are working on, as well as help them predict what the judge will say as their case continues. A Washington D.C. based information technology company founded in 1999, Fastcase is one of the fastest-growing legal research information solutions services in the United States servicing law firms, businesses, schools, and government.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lend your development and design experience to Fastcase applications, and present your ideas to the team that will further engage Fastcase product users and prospective users, and be able to implement all approved ideas.
• Evaluate user engagement metrics to identify and implement front-end improvements to Fastcase product applications, and implement enhancements that meaningfully improve those metrics.
• Recommend and deploy UI/UX enhancements to all Fastcase products, and implement the approved enhancements.
• Work with Fastcase leadership to evaluate, design and launch new, yet-to-be-developed products.
• Work with the Fastcase team and fellow developers to prioritize projects based on importance and development time.
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings and other company meetings to stay informed and share your ideas.
• Enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of professionals who are inspired by Fastcase’s mission to create smart technology.
• Passionate about design
• Proven front-end development experience, with both UX and UI design background
• Experience with a Single Page Application (SPA), Angular experience strongly preferred
• Extensive experience with CSS and SCSS, both alone and within a framework like Bootstrap (preferred) or MaterialUI.
• Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) like WordPress (preferred), Drupal, or similar.
• Experience with prototyping software such as Sketch or Adobe XD
• Experience designing micro-interactions
• Located in Washington, D.C. metro area
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical, and time-management skills
• Experience with a Content Management System such as WordPress or Drupal.
• Design experience with a Single Page Application framework such as Angular, React, Vue, or similar.
• Familiarity with GitHub
• Familiarity with languages Typescript, Python
Fastcase offers a diverse, casual, and collaborative work environment, comprehensive benefits (including: Premium Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life & Accidental Death and Disability insurance, Paid time off, 401(K) and competitive salary with commission plan).