Full Stack Web Developer
Full Stack Web Developer: Washington, D.C.
Fastcase is looking for a passionate and creative Full Stack Developer located in the Washington, D.C. metro area to join our growing legal search and analytics development team, and to help our customers search and understand one of the world’s largest online libraries. Fastcase is seeking a candidate with a track record of experience working in all aspects of a web stack, including database management, services and API layers, search, and user interfaces. The candidate should be a team player who is excited to collaborate and bring new ideas forward to make Fastcase even smarter for its users.
Fastcase is the leading next generation legal research service with market-defining products (Fastcase 7, Docket Alarm, Fastcase BK, Law Street Media) that puts a comprehensive national law library and powerful data and docket analytics tools at attorneys’ fingertips. Our service helps attorneys track litigation, find information relevant to the lawsuits they are working on, and predict how judges will rule. Based in Washington, D.C., Fastcase was founded in 1999 and is considered one of the fastest-growing legal research information solutions services in the United States, servicing law firms, businesses, schools, and government.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop New and Innovative Tools
• Collaborate with an engaged team of developers to create new processes for parsing, interpreting, and displaying an enormous database of textual information.
• Work with a strong product team with thorough domain expertise to design and implement new tools and user workflows.
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings and other company meetings to stay informed and share ideas.
• Enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of professionals who are inspired by Fastcase’s mission to create smarter legal research.
• Bachelor in Computer Science
• Passionate about user-focused software development
• Experience with as many of the following languages as possible:
• Experience with as many of the following Stack elements as possible:
• Elastic (with ELK stack)
• .NET (4.0, 4.6, .NET Core)
• Web APIs
• AWS (opsworks, Lambda, EC2, s3, SQS, SNS etc.)
• SQL / D3 / MongoDB
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical, and time-management skills
• Familiarity with Git
• Familiarity with NPM
• Familiarity with Google Cloud
If you have experience with something that we haven’t described here, but which could help us, tell us!
Are you excited about this position and think you’re a close, but not perfect, fit? We still want to hear from you. We’re not looking for rockstars, ninjas, or unicorns; we work as a team and are seeking a candidate who has good experience with some of what we do, but also can our augment our collective skill set to help us build beautiful, well-architected, disruptive software.
Fastcase offers a diverse, casual, and collaborative work environment, comprehensive benefits (including: Premium Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life & Accidental Death and Disability insurance, paid time off, a 401(K), and competitive salaries).
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.