Legal News Reporter
Fastcase, a leading legal information technology company and publisher, has relaunched the recently acquired Law Street Media (https://lawstreetmedia.com/), an online legal news platform targeted toward lawyers and law students. The site covers major state and federal litigation and industry developments with the goal of delivering high-quality news content that both informs and connects law firms with potential clients.
Law Street Media is searching for a full-time contractor (to full-time employee opportunity) reporter to join our legal news reporting team. We report on court cases, regulatory updates, and other legal developments in the technology, agriculture, and health sectors. We’re looking to expand our healthcare team with a reporter willing to work in a fast-paced legal news environment. The ideal candidate has a strong writing and news/journalism background and embraces data-driven journalism. The ideal candidate has entry-level to 3 years of experience, with the ability to work effectively with our market audience of lawyers, and law firms. Experience editing legal or business news is a plus.
- Entry to 3 years of experience in journalism. Experience in data journalism is a plus.
- BA/BS required.
- Experience/familiarity with legal industry and/or health industry is a plus.
- Savvy social media skills.
- D.C. or New York City location preferred but not required.
- Writing skills required; copy-editing skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Military veterans encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send a resume and writing sample to email@example.com.